I have written my holiday bucket list, my target for the next 5 years (or 6 or 7), of places to visit with and without my children. I love my kids but in reality I need a break every now and then. Just a few days away to refresh and look after me. I only have a few places I would like to go on holiday, I don’t get out much so my knowledge of places is limited sadly.
Places I would like to visit without my children.
- Las Vegas. I want to see the sights, shoot at a gun range and eat lots of food that are piled high on your plate! I want to see the casino’s, get that ‘buzz’ that people experience when they are there just be a proper tourist.
- Rome. I really want to visit Rome. I want to see the Vatican and the Catacombs mainly. There is a lot of history in Rome.
- Venice. I want to ride in a gondola and explore the sights. I have been warned not to go in the summer as it smells. Not sure if this is the case all the time though?
Places I would like to visit with my children.
- Bulgaria. Mr B has heard from his work colleagues that Bulgaria is a great place to visit with families.
- Cornwall. I have never been! I have heard so much about how lovely Cornwall is, old fashioned, beaches and quirky touristy places.
- Isle of Wight. I used to go when I was a child with my parents and siblings. We would drive down to Portsmouth and get the car ferry over there. However it doesn’t appeal to Mr B at all. I am still working on him. We used to stay in Sandown and visited places such as Black Gang Chine and Alum Bay. I so badly want to go back!
This year we are really lucky to have booked two holidays. One is to Centre Parcs with just the four of us. We have booked a few activities and we are staying in a lodge. The other holiday is to Greece where we will be meeting our friends out there. They are doing two weeks, we are doing one as to be honest, that is long enough for us. I believe there will be 24 in our group staying at the same hotel! Both holidays will be so much fun!
Do you have a holiday bucket list?